Once you try natural soap, you cannot go back. Natural soap contains glycerin, a humectant that attracts moisture from the air, that keeps your skin moisturized. In addition, we use only the best natural ingredients. Our handmade soaps contain natural soft oils and nut butters that are essential in maintaining healthy skin. Commercial soaps are detergents with high fragrance levels and little to no beneficial ingredients, often leading to irritated skin. If you have sensitive skin or suffer from serious skin conditions, try switching your soap bar or body wash to natural soap.
Here’s a comparison of ingredients from a well-known commercial soap vs. our hemp soap with CBD.
Commercial Soap Ingredients:
- sodium cocoyl isethionate (synthetic detergent)
- stearic acid (hardener)
- sodium tallowate (sodium salt of cow fat)
- water sodium isethionate (detergent/emulsifying agent)
- coconut acid (the sodium salt of coconut oil)
- sodium stearate (emulsifier, also used as a cheap stabilizer in plastics)
- sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate (synthetic detergent, skin irritant)
- sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate (sodium salts of coconut or palm kernel oils)
- fragrance (synthetic scent, potential allergen, common skin irritant)
- sodium chloride (table salt used as a thickener)
- titanium dioxide (whitener, also used in house paint)
- trisodium EDTA (stabilizer, used in industrial cleaning products to decrease hard water, skin irritant)
- trisodium etidronate (preservative, a chemical that is used in soaps to prevent soap scum)
- BHT (preservative, common skin irritant)
Maeve CBD Soap Organic Ingredients: Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, distilled water, Organic Dehydrated Coconut Milk, Sodium Hydroxide (none left after saponification process), CBD hemp extract, therapeutic essential oils.
The difference is clear. We convert natural oils and fats into soap and glycerol, whereas commercial soap contains chemical detergents and fragrances. You can truly feel the difference after just the first use.
Hemp plants are truly amazing. For our soap base, we use organic cold-pressed hemp oil. It is an excellent vehicle for providing essential fatty acids to your skin. In addition, hemp oil contains high levels of unsaturated fats, which give it excellent moisturizing properties. Each bar contains 200mg of CBD extracted from hemp, one of the highest concentrations of CBD per bar of soap on the market. We do this because I genuinely believe in the soothing properties of CBD. Since soap is considered a “wash-off” product, I wanted to make sure that you are getting the therapeutic amount with each wash.
Choose from two essential oil blends
Your skin is your largest organ. It absorbs everything from the detergent you use to wash your clothes to the soap you use in your shower and bath. It even absorbs environmental toxins. While we cannot control what’s in the air, we can limit the amount of toxins we’re choosing to expose ourselves to, such as soap and laundry detergent.
Here’s the Full INCI ingredients for Maeve CBD Oil Soap: Olive Oil (Olea europaea, oil), Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera), Shea Butter, Organic Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis Sativa), Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Cocoa Butter, distilled water, organic dehydrated coconut milk, sodium hydroxide (none left after saponification process), CBD hemp extract (200 mg of CBD), therapeutic essential oils.